Who We Are
Frequently Asked Questions
We serve approximately 5,000 individuals every year.
North Kent Community Services is not a government agency; we are funded by individuals, churches, businesses, civic organizations and foundations. The following breakdown represents pre-audited financial statement data.
Civic Organizations: 6%
We receive about 90% of our food from you, the community. The other 10% is purchased at a reduced rate through various channels.
North Kent Community Services has 10 staff members. Over 140 regular volunteers serve at NKCS over the course of a year, not including the numerous groups that take on specific projects.
North Kent Community Services is an ecumenical Christian organization. We are supported by many religious denominations.
A Community of Thriving People
North Kent Community Services is a Christian organization committed to improving the lives of all people in northern Kent County by providing access to basic needs and promoting economic independence.
- All people are created in the image of God. All people are precious to God.
- We care for those in need with love and grace.
- We believe in neighbors helping neighbors through partnerships.
- We celebrate the diversity of people and treat everyone with compassion, dignity and respect.
- We empower people to make positive changes in their lives.
- We are good stewards of our resources.
How May We Help?
North Kent Community Services
10075 Northland Drive NE
Rockford, MI 49341 Map
Monday thru Thursday 8:00 a.m to 6:00 p.m.