North Kent Community Services is a Christian organization in northern Kent County that helps our struggling neighbors with basic life needs and guides them to self-sufficiency. Donations and volunteer efforts make everything that we do possible. How may we help you?
Did you miss our event, North Kent Pastors' Got Talent? Or maybe you just want to relive the magic of the night... either way, take a few minutes to scroll through our photos from the event.
- Provide hot meals for Thrive participants (12 women) delivered on Monday evenings at 6:15 p.m. Sign up here to bring Thrive dinners.
- Purchase $20 gas cards for Thrive participants.
- Participate in the Christmas Star Tree program – purchase new underwear, socks, pajamas, hats and gloves for children. Sign up here for the Star Tree Program.
- Volunteer for our Christmas Store (December 15-17) or to sort Toys for Tots during the week. Sign up here to volunteer at the Christmas Store or call Katie Hop at 866-3478 ext. 103.
- Serve on a committee (Building & Grounds, Development, Finance or Program). Deadline to be considered is December 1. Application will be online after November 7.
- Buy $10 Simply Give food cards at your local Meijer from November 2 to January 2. Cards bought at the Cedar Springs Meijer benefits CS Community Food Pantry while ones purchased at the Rockford Meijer benefits NKCS. Double match days are November 14 and 15.
- Buy and donate cereal at Family Fare Rockford Nov. 6 to Dec. 6 for the United Bank Cereal Challenge.
- Volunteer to prepare taxes for the VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) Program from January to mid-April. Contact Dawn Ellis at 866-3478 ext. 104 or
A new study conducted by Feeding America shows hunger is a growing problem in West Michigan and the U.S. Listen as Eddie, a client at NKCS, discusses the difficulties he faces as he is forced to choose between purchasing food or much-needed medication.
If you or someone you know is having the same types of struggles, please contact us at 866-3478. We are here to help.
On the Web:
Did you know that we send out two brief, informative e-newsletters every a month to both the community members and our clients? It's a great way to stay in touch with the happenings of NKCS. You can sign up for one or both of these e-newsletters by visiting our Newsletters page and completing the sign-up form.
On the Web:
©2014 All Rights Reserved
Website Made by CityWebCentral